4 Questions to Ask About Physical Exams
Get your physical exam today with Dr. Pedro Ylisastigui MD for the purpose of evaluating and verifying overall health. You can contact us today for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1150 Lee Blvd. #4 Lehigh Acres, FL 33936.
Table of Contents:
Do you need a physical exam soon? Maybe you’re overdue for your annual physical or you need a physical for work. Or maybe it’s a family member who needs a physical, like your child or an elderly parent. We can provide these physicals and much more here at Dr. Pedro Ylisastigui MD Practice.
There are many types of physicals offered to determine your overall health. The main physical exams are:
• Men’s and women’s annual physicals
• Women’s wellness physicals
• Pediatric physicals for children
• Geriatric physicals for seniors
• School physicals for kids attending a new school
• Sports physicals for children or adults joining a new sports league
• Basic checkups for patients anywhere from 8 to 100 years old
• Pre-employment physicals
• Worker’s compensation physicals
• And more
A physical exam is generally very straightforward. With our clinic, you can expect a physical to:
• Take into account your medical history, prior test results, age, and personal needs.
• Take into account any particular areas of risk you have, such as a family history of weight problems.
• Include blood pressure and heart rate tests.
• Include a visual exam of your body, reflexes, and motor functions.
• Include a check of your nose, ears, throat, heart, lungs, speech, and skin.
• Be an opportunity for you to bring up any health questions or concerns.
We can also provide blood tests, and vaccinations if required.
There are a few things you should avoid doing beforehand. This can help to ensure accurate results and a quick and easy exam. We recommend avoiding these before going to any physical exams:
• Do not drink coffee before getting a blood pressure test or a stress test.
• Avoiding high-fat foods before having any blood drawn, if necessary.
• Not taking cold medicine before a sick visit (the doctor may want to evaluate your symptoms without the effects of medicine).
• Not using deodorant before getting a mammogram.
• Avoiding red foods before a colonoscopy.
• Not drinking alcohol before a cholesterol test.
You can get a physical exam right here at Dr. Pedro Ylisastigui MD Practice. We offer comprehensive primary care services for families, including physicals for patients ages 8 to 100.
For physical exams in Lehigh Acres FL, get in touch with our clinic today! You can book a consultation or a full physical with us by giving us a call or scheduling an online appointment also. Serving patients from Lehigh Acres FL, Fort Myers FL, Buckingham FL, Cypress Lake FL, Gateway FL, Cape Coral FL, Palmona Park FL, and Alva FL.
We look forward to meeting you soon here at Dr. Pedro Ylisastigui MD Practice!